mikecarver316

BurpSuite used in eWPT

mikecarver316

Is the burpsuite in eWPT the community or pro version? Are both covered? The reason I am asking is because of the difference in capabilities between the unpaid and paid version.

StefanWAustin

So far I know, you can pass the exam for WAPT with the community edition. For spider and vulnerabilities, I use OWASP ZAP with community plugins. ZAP has the same functionality and the integrated ZAP proxy is even better than BurpSuite, but ZAP is somewhat harder to learn.

For a job, you need most likely BurpSuite, so you have to learn both, but I do not want to spend $400 for features that I get free with ZAP.

To pass WAPTX you need most likely the Pro version, at least some reviews pointed it out. Most likely, you can pass it with ZAP and the right community plug-ins as well, but you are on your own with learning.

mikecarver316
28 minutes ago, StefanWAustin said:

So far I know, you can pass the exam for WAPT with the community edition. For spider and vulnerabilities, I use OWASP ZAP with community plugins. ZAP has the same functionality and the integrated ZAP proxy is even better than BurpSuite, but ZAP is somewhat harder to learn.

For a job, you need most likely BurpSuite, so you have to learn both, but I do not want to spend $400 for features that I get free with ZAP.

To pass WAPTX you need most likely the Pro version, at least some reviews pointed it out. Most likely, you can pass it with ZAP and the right community plug-ins as well, but you are on your own with learning.

Thanks!