Sign in to follow this  
Guest emy

labs

Guest emy

in DFP lab  i can`t complete the lab coz of not enough space problem. there is no space to taking image?

thank you..

dimitrios

Please create a proper account (not a guest one)

You don't mention which lab you are doing.

I suppose you are doing the lab where each task is independent, so you can complete one task, reset the lab (stop button, then reset button) and then try the next task (the previous used space will be freed now)

Guest lab2  DFP

thank you , i faced a new problem in lab2(How to Acquire Data using Linux (Offline) -DFP course)

when i tried to " sudo mount  /dev/sdb1  /cases/ " it gives me "mount point dose not exist" , what should i do , is there a command need 2 be written?

also when i ceated the additional 2 drives 1st one is sdd and the 2nd one is sdc ot sdd but i think it`s not a problem, right?

thanks ..

jeff.juett

I am taking the DFP V1 class.  I working on Lab: Data Acquisition Labs: Section 1 - Module 2.   In task 3: creating a custom forensic image using FTK Imager I am running out of space after it creates the first few of many .ad files.  I can restart the lab after each task but task 3 alone is eating up all available space quickly.  What should I do?

dimitrios

@jeff.juett

Each task is independent (you don't need the previous or next one)

After each task you can reset the lab (Stop button, then Reset button). This will free the consumed space and you can go ahead and perform the next task.

No task is able to consume all the available space (if you experience something like that, you are doing something wrong)

jeff.juett

I tried it again making sure I reset the lab.  For some reason as task 3 (FTK custom evidence collection) is running a message box pops up indicating the process is almost out of space.   I clicked through the first message box and closed the second.  The process continued and completed successfully with the expected results.   If a response is entered in the second message box (with a new location to obtain more space), the process fails leaving the impression no more space is available.

Bottom line, I was able to finish the task.  Thanks for help.     

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this