Sign in to follow this  
Junior5223

Closed

dimitrios

Your pentesting background is not clear, but from what you mentioned you can probably jump to WAPT and WAPTX without too many roadblocks.

daudt.parker

Hey @Money-

I'm not sure if you made your decision but if you haven't, here are my thoughts.

PTS is a very useful course for someone with little to no Penetration Testing experience. This course will talk you through some exploits, tools, techniques, and procedures for performing a penetration test. This course is much more than a basic overview of linux and how to root servers. As someone who took the PTS course even after obtaining an MSc degree in Cyber Security, I found the course insightful and useful. Performing penetration tests is about much more than knowing how to navigate linux, root servers, and read php code. So if you are truely interested in advancing to web application testing, I think learning the basics (either through PTS or other resources) will set you up for better success than just jumping straight into WAPT or WAPTX.

If you'd like to discuss this further or have any other questions, feel free to reach out.

Mike01010011

I'm really glad I choose to start with PTS before moving onto PTP then WAPT, even though I have some background in networking, programming, and web dev but no pentesting. There were gaps in my  foundational knowledge and PTS is helping me to fill some of them!