iDante9

eJPT - earned/review/tips

iDante9

Hello All,

(To eLearnsecurity moderators, please feel free to remove this post if you think I am revealing anything important that would not be appropriate.)

I have earned my eJPT certification on Oct 20th, 2019. I am writing this post late as I wanted to see how it has changed my view and I would say it has definitely worked. I am not writing this review to discuss the information that is already available upfront. I searched for the reviews on eJPT cert on Google but I wasn't satisfied enough before starting this journey. However, I have read some OSCP reviews and reddit comments that revealed to me that the eJPT will surely be helpful to anyone who wants to enter the Pentesting realm.

This is my first Cyber-Security certification. It has helped me a lot to strengthen the fundamental - basic knowledge for pentesting. I am writing this review hoping that it would help other people who are trying to earn this certification.

For my background information you can visit my Linked In Profile. I don't want to waste the time to introduce myself here. 

Review: This course is pretty much straight to the point in terms of the knowledge and it's content. It directly teaches you from the basics. However it gets pretty much boring to read the very long slides but the video content is amazing and very straight forward. The best thing that you can get from this course in my opinion, is the combination of Videos and the Labs. I am glad that they have provided the solutions for the labs so that, you won't feel stuck during the labs and instead of that, you gain the knowledge that you did not have before and master the techniques that can help you in the pentesting. 

For me some of the things were pretty easy like using nmap, openVAS, Nessus etc. But I have now learned a lot of things that I did not know before taking this course - especcially BurpSuite, SQLmap, etc. 

Overall, I would say this is the course that can provide you the strong foundation of Pentesting that would certainly help you make a better pentester.

I would also like to say something about a question that is pretty natural if you have enrolled in this course and you are preparing for the exam. I passed the exam in just 5 hours and it was an amazing experience. I was certainly having some hard time during the exam but then I realize that I just needed to think creatively to complete the challenge and I think that is the essence of any penetration test. I have seen a lot of people would like to know about the difficulty level of the exam, especially after taking a look at one of the Blackbox Pentest labs :rolleyes:. I would say that the exam is not that hard however the exam is also not that easy if you are new to the pentesting field. The blackbox pentesting labs are just there to practice your skills on the next level. But if you have gone through the course material, watched the videos and performed the labs - all while understanding the logical reasoning behind everything, you are more than ready to crack the exam. 

--------

My primary goal was to achieve the OSCP for a long time, but I always thought that I am lacking the basic knowledge to start with. Now eJPT has provided me with the strong basic knowledge of the penetration testing, I think I should be able to earn the OSCP next. I loved the teaching style of the eLearnSecurity so much that I honestly wanted to do the PTP Elite, before I go for the OSCP but it is certainly costly for me as I am paying for all these certifications by myself.

But now my next adventure for the OSCP is starting from the 21st December (next weekend :D) Let's see if I am able to get it on my first attempt or not. But I am sure that I will definitely earn the PTP and PTX in the future. 

Hope you all will achieve your goals with hard work in your life. 

Thanks a lot to eLearnSecurity.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

MrQDelaney

Hello iDante9,

How s everything? Was reading your post which i find interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Was wondering how s the PTS exam structured .. could you expand on that?

Also, how are you finding the OSCP ?

All the very best

• Thanks 1

iDante9
9 hours ago, MrQDelaney said:

Hello iDante9,

How s everything? Was reading your post which i find interesting. Thanks for sharing.

All the very best

@MrQDelaney - Everything is going good, thanks.

I am sorry but I would say that I cannot say anything about the exam itself as it violates the rules of eLearnSecurity :) . All I can say is that the exam is easy it can teach you a thing or two during the time. All you need to do to pass the exam is just understand the core concepts, take good notes from the course materials (PDF/HTML Slides, Videos and LABS[ most important] ) and understand the logical reasoning why you are using certain tools, what results you are getting from there and where you can use the information, don't overthink about anything during the exam which is out of this course, think creatively and try everything you know, Then you will do (very) good in the exam.

Trust yourself.

Hope you respect the eLearnSecurity's privacy policy.

-----------

For the OSCP, I am preparing myself to try harder (sleepless nights with a lot to learn) as it is starting from the next weekend. I am planning to enjoy the journey and will try to learn as much as possible.

Thanks for your best wishes.

-----------

Best of luck for the eJPT exam.

Dievus
18 hours ago, MrQDelaney said:

Hello iDante9,

All the very best

Don't underestimate the exam. 

elvindegroot

i am still doubting to take the exam... since i am struggling but that has to do with using a new distro 2019.4

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.