marpie

BackTrack 5 Update Script

marpie

Hi,

I got my eCCPT last year and beginning v2 right now. After upgrading my VM to BT 5 my previous update script didn't work so I wrote a new one and wanted to share it with you!

Maybe some of you find it helpful. --> More Info or Direct Link.

What scripts do you use to update BT and your tools? Do you have any comments or thoughts what I should add or change?

Best regards,

Markus

gcraenen

Hi,

I've just joined and started with the pro v2 course. This is a nice upgrade script. Does this also work on BT 5 r3? I have a local install of Nessus (pro feed), so I would like to add that to. The command is 'nessus-update-plugins', but I can't see where to insert it in the script.

Regards,

Guido

Patrick

Hi,

I've just joined and started with the pro v2 course. This is a nice upgrade script. Does this also work on BT 5 r3? I have a local install of Nessus (pro feed), so I would like to add that to. The command is 'nessus-update-plugins', but I can't see where to insert it in the script.

Regards,

Guido

Hi Guido,

There is no need to have the nessus-update-plugins in the script since Nessus will automatically check for updated plugins. Nessus updates itself will be updated by this script since Nessus is part of BT.

Hope this clarifies it.

Cheers

matugm

You could just run "aptitude safe-upgrade && msfupdate" and that should work on any BT version, or even better make your own script from scratch if you feel you really need one, there is plenty of good bash scripting guides out there.