Sign in to follow this  
Guest QMark

how much skill can I gain from elearn security courses at penetration testing?

Guest QMark

Hi, I'm a guy who is currently working on a CompTIA A+ certification. I just completed Network+. I am aiming for Linux+ and Security+ as well.

But in the future, I aim to use elearn security to gain serious skills. I will practice those skills while bug hunting. I really want to be a well-rounded penetration tester.

How much skill do I gain in an elearn security course compared to elsewhere?

dimitrios

A lot.... but we never comment on the competition.

Feel free compare the syllabus and course web page of each course and i think this will answer your question.

cbates8

I have a few Comptia certs (A+, Network+, Security+) and some some other security certs (CEH, CHFI).  I'm currently enrolled in the WAPT course and I've learned more from this course then all the others combined, as none of those are really hands on.  I mean with the CEH you'll probably get some practice with the tools to help with memorization, but you don't really put what you learned to practical use while taking the exam.  Plus nothing that really makes you think outside the box when learning the tools.   

The pen testing courses from eLeanSecurity are very hands on and the challenge labs really make you think.  I'm looking forward to taking WAPTX as soon as I finish with the WAPT course.

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this