thomasfieber

MASPTv2 Computer

thomasfieber

Time appropriate greetings everyone! I'm considering one of the training paths that includes the MASPTv2 course, and I noticed a discrepancy between the requirements listed on the course page and the course syllabus. The course page suggests a Mac computer is required AS WELL as an iOS device, however the syllabus only lists an iOS as required. Can anyone shed any light on this? Can the MASPTv2 course be completed with a Windows computer? Thanks! 

dimitrios

@thomasfieber

MASPTv2 can be completed with a Windows computer because IOS penetration testing is not part of the exam. The exam is Android-based.

That being said, you won't be able to perform the IOS labs without a Mac. This is because we provide you with the vulnerable application's source code, that needs to go through XCode to be loaded to your IOS device.

thomasfieber
Just now, dimitrios said:

@thomasfieber

MASPTv2 can be completed with a Windows computer because IOS penetration testing is not part of the exam. The exam is Android-based.

That being said, you won't be able to perform the IOS labs without a Mac. This is because we provide you with the vulnerable application's source code, that needs to go through XCode to be loaded to your IOS device.

Great, thanks very much for the clarification! 

dimitrios

@thomasfieber

I have seen OSX virtual machines on the internet that can help you perform the IOS labs as well.

But i haven't checked if they are like evaluation ones or there are legal issues with them.