saverio.zanco

University vs elearn security

saverio.zanco

Hi there,

I'm looking for starter new year with a PTP course. In Italy also we have a section of University in Milan in in security informatics. What's better for start the career? Is necessary a university course? thanks for responding ☺️

marine.d

Hi @saverio.zanco, it depends on what you want to do. A university degree is always a plus when looking for a job, but you will also have to prove to your future employer that you have real-life, practical IT Security skills, not only theoretical knowledge. If you're interested in a career in penetration testing, then PTP can be a real asset for your career :) 

Hope that helps,

Good luck!

saverio.zanco

My personal think is the PTP course have a pratical skill of course and personally i'm look for the freelance career. But the most people look with the university degree with a complete formation. In this case we have the same think because i like the pratice course, but i can't understand if for the job market the better way is only a plus or determinate a career. I see the program degree university and have a tons of mathematic, theory etc. as you say. Is just for understand the right way.:-)

marine.d

As a part-time or full-time pentester? In any case, with PTP, you'll also get the right skills to do bug bounties, which can be particularly rewarding ;) Good luck!

saverio.zanco

A part-time for start sure. Ok thank you have a nice day:-)