hansjpedronan

THP or DFP for Security analyst role?

hansjpedronan

Hello, I am wondering between THP and DFP is geared more towards an analyst role? I have a sense that the eNDP is a good starting point, but between THP and DFP would be better to learn things such as log analysis? It seems like they both touch a bit on log analysis. I have completed the eJPT and I am currently working on the eCPPT and would like to buy the eNDP as well as either the THP or the DFP. 

jaker00t

@hansjpedronan Yesterday a new course was announced which addresses the topics you should start with, meaning Incident Handling and Response. According to Dimitrios, the author or few eLS courses one should consider eTHP or eDFP afterwards as those two are specialized courses. 

My personal experience with eLS was eJPT, PTP, WAPT & THP. I didn't touch the eNDP at all. What I think makes sense is to finish the Pentest path with PTX on the top and then pick up the new course on IR, moving through THP and DFP afterwards, Reverse Engineering being the last one to do. 

• Like 2

renzoncruz.26
On 12/7/2018 at 2:57 PM, hansjpedronan said:

Hello, I am wondering between THP and DFP is geared more towards an analyst role? I have a sense that the eNDP is a good starting point, but between THP and DFP would be better to learn things such as log analysis? It seems like they both touch a bit on log analysis. I have completed the eJPT and I am currently working on the eCPPT and would like to buy the eNDP as well as either the THP or the DFP. 

I've done DFP last month and I would say this is such an amazing course. But as per Dimitrios, this is a specialized course and I would recommend you to take the chance on getting IHRP specially this month with 50% off. I could sense that this will be a big hit for ELS as there are more positions now open for SOC that needs a mandatory knowledge of Incident Handling

• Like 3