Sign in to follow this  
robertray

C & C + in the browser

tekwizz123

what does this mean for web browsers? I read the post but I didn't really get it.

robertray

I imagine more sophisticated browser based applications.

schuydorsey

And more sophisticated hacks. :)

matugm
Security

Installing a desktop app or a browser plugin can present serious security risks. Native Client uses a double sandbox designed to protect resources on the user's system. This framework offers the safety of traditional web apps in addition to native performance benefits.

http://code.google.com/intl/es-ES/chrome/nativeclient/docs/technical_overview.html

What I get is that developers get to use C and C++ for making web applications, basically what they provide is a HTLM5 api so it shouldn't bring new features into the table, anyway as any new techonology it's open to be attacked but seem like they keep that it mind when designing it, also I wouldn't expect to see this widely deployed until all major browsers support it.

ProgramStructure.png

http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2008/12/native-client-technology-for-running.html

Also there is some interesting comments, ppl seem to be comparing this to other client-side technologies like Java, flash or even ActiveX.

schuydorsey

Perhaps I am slightly confused. When I read this, I thought it was saying the Chrome browser could interpret C code.

I read another article about it and it said Google just released a new API that allows web developers to code the web application in C but then the api converts it to HTML5 for the actual application. This seems like it makes more sense. huh.gif

tekwizz123

Perhaps I am slightly confused. When I read this, I thought it was saying the Chrome browser could interpret C code.

I read another article about it and it said Google just released a new API that allows web developers to code the web application in C but then the api converts it to HTML5 for the actual application. This seems like it makes more sense. huh.gif

Thanks that makes more sense now.

TheMenace

nom nom nom