Sign in to follow this  
Bluntlee

astrisk

Bluntlee

Anyone work with astrisk? I played with it a few months ago but could not get it working right, I would like to break it out again, but I still have some unanswered question from my last attempt. If anybody is familiar with it and wouldn't mind me picking their brain a bit let me know.

TheMenace

yeah, I have some Asterisk / Trixbox experience - we use it in real world scenarios to run business phones - hope that's what you're talking about

Bluntlee

yea I work at a small IT consualting firm and we tried setting this up in our office first for internal use, what we are running is asteriskNow using the built in asterisk pbx/gui, we are using our existing POTS lines with a TDM410 card with 3 fxo addin cards, this issue is cant recivce calls into the system but can place calls out fine, do know a way to troubleshoot where we are loosing the incomming calls? if you need more information on the setup let me know, im fairly new to phone systems.

Thanks

TheMenace

Hi Blunt

WE started off with the TDM400 card and yes we had it working on a vanilla trixbox - no "configuration" required as it picked it up automagically - the normal configurations to make it receive calls and so forth.

in the end we got so confident we dumped the POTS lines and we are totally voip, A few hundred calls (incoming and outgoing) per day.

Probably best if we take this "offline" - how do you propose we open a line of communication ?

Bluntlee

Menace

Thanks for help, right now I have no time to really get back into that astrisk project. I am glad to know I have some one to reach when I do. As for setting up a line of communication, I am not sure,since your in Australia and I am in the US on the west coast in California. I dont know off the top of my head the hour difference, but we will figure something out. :D

robertray

Skype works