• Announcements

• Vincent

Posting copyrighted material   08/27/2016

Posting copyrighted material is a huge violation and WILL lead to you being banned from eLearnSecurity.
FrankShorty

Anyone with PTP, MAPT, WAPT and WAPTx?

FrankShorty

Hi!

I finished PTP and MASPT (well, still waiting on the result but pretty sure I got it..) and am looking for a new course. 

I would like to do WBTx next. Can anyone tell me if WBT is recommended to do before the eXtreme version? Or can I just dive into the deep end? :) Note that I already am already working as a pentester and do a lot of webapp testing on a daily basis. I am pretty confident in my recon and analyses skills. 

-Frank

riccardoancarani94

I'm in the same situation! I think that WAPT is not necessary but strongly recommended. BUT this referred to my case, if you are pretty confident with web app pentesting in a professional way, you should be fine with WAPTx.
I'll take my time and do the full jurney, good luck!

FrankShorty

Yeah, maybe I will just do the exam for  WAPT and do the full course for WAPTX.. Depending on what the boss will pay for ;)

Good luck to you too!

-Frank

FrankShorty

I took the WAPT exam btw! 

It was pretty gosh-darn though xD I managed to complete it 5 minutes before the deadline though.. 

riccardoancarani94

So, if you are a professional pentester and you found that the WAPT exam was not easy, do you think that the exam is relevant to modern day web application pentesting?

Sorry if the question is quite confusing, I never did pentesting professionally and it would be awesome to know how much WAPT can help

FrankShorty

Well yeah to a certain degree. It is very rare that I find applications that are so broken that they allow me to do what the exam is asking me to do. The vulnerabilities in the exam certainly arise on a day to day basis. In fact, I was testing an application during the exam time and found one of the key vulnerabilities of passing the exam in that application as well :).

I just made a very stupid mistake that lost me a lot of time because I was working with bad information. I was very frustrated with myself :P 

Also.. in the exam you are looking for the hole you know has to be there. In real life you run structured tests and look for hints of possible holes. You are under a much bigger time restraint and have another 3 tests lined up with project managers bugging you to deliver quickly. No time to really spend 8 hours straight on that one tiny little thing that may or may not be a hole. The mindset is slightly different, I think. 

• Like 2

riccardoancarani94

Good to know!

As in the other exams scenario, doing that lot of damages in real world is quite rare but the fact that those vulnerability are still common makes me feel good! (yeah, maybe it's quite weired)
Can't wait to start the course, thanks for the info!

korolenko.sergiy

So, is WAPTX includes full WAPT? a pert of WAPT?

I can took only one of them and want a suggestion.

Vincent

No, the WAPTx is Web App pentesting at an extreme level. The WAPT or the same level knowledge is necessary in order to pass WAPTx. the material covered in WAPTX is NOT covered in WAPT.

My suggestion: If you are not an experienced WAPT than Do not attempt WAPTx.

djoun

is MAPT without the lab ? if yes then any plan when its updated to v3 or promo ? since i think the current price is high

tuba

@djoun

All the courses are inclusive labs. I don't think the price for MASPT is high because it is for Android AND iOS, you have a lot of background information which you definitely need and you have labs and support from the instructors. By the way: you could choose the installment plan.

djoun

i mean lab is hera lab like another course.

tuba

@djoun

Nope, there are apps which you can use to practice. :) 

Milind

Hello, can anyone please provide the invite link /code for PTS. When i try to purchase it, it says its free via invite only till 31st July 2018.

Thanks in advance.