Welcome to eLearnSecurity Community

Once logged in as a eLearnSecurity student, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

If you are not an eLearnSecurity student yet, give a look at our awesome IT Security courses.

• Announcements

• Vincent

Posting copyrighted material   08/27/2016

Posting copyrighted material is a huge violation and WILL lead to you being banned from eLearnSecurity.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
othman.bouayad

elearnsecurity courses - next step?

Hi,
I enjoy elearnsecurity courses and I would like to know what course should I take next. I passed the eccpt, endp and emapt certifications.
I don't know what course should I take next, maybe WAPT or ARES.

It really depends on what you are interested in. 

If you are interested in Web App Penetration Testing, you have a path of 2 courses. (WAPT and WAPTx- they are really cool.)

On the other hand, if you really like the Buffer Overflow aspect of eCPPT, than go with ARES. 

The decision is up to you, but I like the WAPT path, just because there is a path (WAPT to WAPTx) and things get really crazy in WAPTx.

Vincent

If you go the Web App Security path, you also have Practical Web Defense course. It's up to you, but can always do both paths :) 

@caneacsu, @vincent

Thank you for your answers. I have one concern with ARES course it focuses on x86 architecture.
 Nowadays most applications are compiled for x64 architectures. Maybe elearnsecurity is planning to update the course soon :)?

On 12/7/2016 at 7:01 AM, othman.bouayad said:

@caneacsu, @vincent

Thank you for your answers. I have one concern with ARES course it focuses on x86 architecture.
 Nowadays most applications are compiled for x64 architectures. Maybe elearnsecurity is planning to update the course soon :)?

Im hoping for this also. Since I want to eventually go into forensics and incidence response, I want to focus more on the granular tech side of things. Once I am done with PTPv4, I am uncertain if I want to go to a possible outdated ARES course or the recently updated eMAPT. Hopefully by the time I am ready for another eLS course ARES will be updated.

Hello!

Is there any news about the update? I too am interested in the ARES course, but I'd like learn about x64 architecure as well.