cfernandez

got email last night that I passed the eCPPT

cfernandez

yay!!!! <-- happy :P :wub::D

now can't wait for the Tuesday webinar..

• Like 1

jasonmac

@cfernandez, how much time did you commit to the ECPPT?  You held a great pace, so i'm curious to know on average how much time you spent a week. I'm about ready to hunker down and get this done!

Thanks!

cfernandez
7 hours ago, jasonmac said:

@cfernandez, how much time did you commit to the ECPPT?  You held a great pace, so i'm curious to know on average how much time you spent a week. I'm about ready to hunker down and get this done!

Thanks!

Hmm well there are parts of it I already knew.. for example ruby, most of the network security and most web security, but I needed to grasp the fundamentals better, and do more practice.. and I really went over the system security labs a lot and I did tons of times the "Blind pentest lab" I have a obsession issue with this stuff, so I sometimes spend the whole night playing with labs until it was day time... still the test I did it all over the labor day weekend, so 3 days.. then I spend some evenings double checking in case I missed something etc.. honestly took me longer to do the actual report :P because I am not that good at it... documentation right? :D  idk if you know well the topics and methodologies from the labs.. you will have no issues, I at first hit one wall only because I was retarded and when double checked paying attention it all worked out.  So if you can do the labs mostly without looking at solutions you are good to go. I will say I spend like at least 3-4 hours a day.. but I stop in July August because of HOPE in NY and Bsides/Defcon in las vegas later.. then took me a week to get over from all the partying.. then spend 3 weeks on it.. and took the test. I think the going to hacker conferences motivated me even more.. so I recomend that.. not security but hacker cons.. they cheap, and community is better and tons of fun.

• Like 1

paul_dejyothin

Congratulations - I'll be embarking very shortly, on starting the study towards the eCCPT certification.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.