Anexpected-Hacker

Macbook compatibility

Anexpected-Hacker

Dears ,

I am a beginner to Elearn courses . Can all the access to Hera Labs possible via VPN on a macbook ? 

I am mean is there a specific requirement to have a windows or Linux machine ?

regards

GiRa

If I was you, I'd go for a Linux VM.

You can of course use OSX with Tunnelblick to connect to any Hera Lab scenario.

• Like 2

jasonmac

I've been using Parallels Desktop because I had issues with VMware.  If anyone has any leads on working/excellent instructions on how to dual boot Kali Linux, please let me know.  The documentation on Kali's site works, but there are issues with mouse, wifi, etc.  FWIW, I have a mid 2012 macbook pro.

GiRa

Using Kali will likely be very heavy on your battery life in the future as Kali doesn't have all the small (some proprrietary) tweaks to use the hardware in an efficient way.

I have multiple Mac laptops and everything is good with Virtualbox. I always install my virtual OSs from scratch, without using pre-made images.

• Like 1

Giuseppe

@anupamgaur83 to access HeraLab there's no limitations on the OS to use: the only requirement is an OpenVPN client and internet connection.
As the wise-@GiRa said it's better to go for a linux vm. Not because in OSX it doesn't work, but simply because the VM acts as a sandbox in case you screw something, and trust me you will :)

@jasonmacI don't like too much the dual boots: 99% of times you can do your tasks in a vm. Then, VMware or Virtualbox it's a matter of "tastes"..

jasonmac

thanks for the heads up.  I thought it would be interesting to limit myself just to Kali (i'm utilizing my mac apps for note writing, mindmaps and such), just to use linux only (i'm considering switching to linux), but you are right -- there really isn't a reason to dual boot.