Sign in to follow this  
william.dicker

Next certification?

william.dicker

Just completed my JPT and I was considering which certs I should attempt next? Should I go straight to the CPPT or WAPT? What is better for the job market? 

0xiris

Hi and congratulations to the JPT.

In my own humble opinion, without knowing anything really about your set of skills, i would recommend you to start with the ecppt. Its a great introduction to the field of penetration testing, covering the basics in all major areas. The course will give you a good foundation to then be able to build on. If you find web application penetration testing particularly interesting then wapt is a natural next step in your further study. And when you got that out of the way there is the waptx if you really want to challenge yourself. Finished it a couple of months ago, and its a great course. 

I can't give you much input about the demand of these certifications since i have no idea about the demand in US. In Sweden, the only pentest specific certifications ive seen in job postings and known by recruiters ive spoken to are oscp and ceh. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

Francesco

Hi william,

the path we suggest after the eJPT is the eCPPT since (as 0xiris said) it gives you a very good background in the most important security areas. Then if you want to start your career into a specific field you can go for WAPT, ARES, MASPT etc.