Sign in to follow this  
0xiris

PTP -> WAPTX or PTP -> WAPT -> Waptx

0xiris

Hello,

So I've been reading a lot about the two web application classes offered, WAPT and WAPTX. WAPTX seems like a kick ass course, really want to enroll but i don't know if i maybe should take the WAPT first. It seems like a natural progression. However, reading the WAPT syllabus and challanges/labs a lot seems the same as in PTP. I took the PTP earlier last year finishing all the colluseum labs available at the time while reading the web app module. After a study break i took the OSCP offered by offensive security. Now, i don't mind taking WAPT before enrolling into WAPTX as long as i learn new stuff. However i don't want to waste money if a majority of the material is the same covered in PTP. 

Maybe someone can shed some light on this. Thanks!

Francesco

Hello,

the only advice I can give you is to look at WAPT Syllabus and check the content. If you think you already know all the things in there, you may probably go for the WAPTX.

Note that the Web App section of the PTP is just a small part of the WAPT course (things like HTML5, Flash, Web Services, XPath and so on are not totally covered in it). Moreover, even if some topics have the same name, the WAPT is much more detailed and complete. 

Hope this helps

0xiris

Thanks Francesco, guess ill do some more thinking then ;)

michal.orzechowski

Hi. 

My learning path is your second option. PTP -> passed -> WAPT -> passed -> WAPTX -> learning :)

In my opinion this is was right choice. I don't regered money and time spend on WAPT course at all. I learned quite a lot.

The WAPTX is let's say "in depth tour" so it's good to have strong basics anyway.

• Like 2