Sign in to follow this  
yci.sec

Passed the exam

yci.sec

Got the e-mail today that I passed the exam.

Really enjoyed the scenario, even though I found it frustrating at times.  I really appreciate all the encouragement found within the community, both in the forum posts and via PMs and e-mails from new friends I've made during the process.  Lots of very good generic help in these forums that got me through several hurdles I encountered along the way (the Search Forum function was definitely my friend).

Such a relief and high level of excitement in passing, but now the nice challenge of what lies ahead as I continue learning what I can in hopes to be able to change career paths and move into the information security realm.

• Like 1

butle49056

Congrats, and be sure to follow up with how this helped you in the "real world" of ethical hacking if that is where you are going to end up.  In otherwords, did this training prepare you for working in the 'real world".   The reason I bring this up is that I have been around in the 'real world" a long time and training and the "real world" are really "worlds" apart because there is only so much that training can do due to time and space and legality of showing different hacking techniques.  So please follow-up with us.

yci.sec

Congrats, and be sure to follow up with how this helped you in the "real world" of ethical hacking if that is where you are going to end up.  In otherwords, did this training prepare you for working in the 'real world".   The reason I bring this up is that I have been around in the 'real world" a long time and training and the "real world" are really "worlds" apart because there is only so much that training can do due to time and space and legality of showing different hacking techniques.  So please follow-up with us.

I definitely will follow up, and still plan to hang around the forums here to keep learning.

Ultimately I'd like to go down the path of ethical hacking/penetration testing in my career.  My problem is I've spent almost all of my career to this point in software/firmware test for the data storage arena, so I'm trying to figure out how to get into the "real world" of information security without a lot of certifications and such at the moment.  Landing a QA job is doable for me, landing a job where a company will allow me to come in without a lot of security knowledge, but with a willingness and (hopefully) capacity to learn and further my career.  If I could find something in the storage arena that would open itself to security, that would be a great way (in my opinion) for me to transition.

When I started looking at pursuing a career change, and obtaining the proper knowledge, my research led me to here and it seemed to be the best option for me to begin my learning given the balance between cost and time-frame.  I have not been disappointed in that choice.

So far what I can say is the information and training I received through this course/exam has helped me gain an understanding of the process, if not necessarily the nitty-gritty technical details of how something works.  In the past, I spent about 8 months working for a security company that provided software for scanning networks to discover vulnerabilities and provide remediation suggestions.  I worked closely with the researchers there and did not have a really good idea of how they went about their jobs.  This course has helped me get much more insight into that.

I'd like to believe that my background in test gives me a good basis for being able to understand the process, or at least what the process should be.  My challenge will be brushing up my technical and coding skills.

Return Zero

Congratulations

i am very  you passed  the exam ^_________^

hell yeahhhhhh

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this