Bazlar

Hi all,

I have had trouble accessing the Web Application Penetration Testing (eWPT) course labs, i start the lab, download the file, login and I add the lab and DNS 10.100.13.37 in the /etc/resolv.conf on kali linux and then i check the terminal to check the ifconfig, and i see that the tap0 is up and an IP address, yet when i try to get the the labs i can't get to them.

When i go to 10.100.13.37 in the browser i can see the labs, but once i click on the labs there i see for example  "lab 1" from the XSS labs, or the introductory labs. click on the "Lab1" and then i see what looks very different to how the labs should look in the solutions. And i keep getting cannot connect messages. 

If someone out there could please give me some guidance on here, to see what I am doing wrong?

Thank you guys in advance. 

Bazlar

Hi all,

I have had trouble accessing the Web Application Penetration Testing (eWPT) course labs, i start the lab, download the file, login and I add the lab and DNS 10.100.13.37 in the /etc/resolv.conf on kali linux and then i check the terminal to check the ifconfig, and i see that the tap0 is up and an IP address, yet when i try to get the the labs i can't get to them.

When i go to 10.100.13.37 in the browser i can see the labs, but once i click on the labs there i see for example  "lab 1" from the XSS labs, or the introductory labs. click on the "Lab1" and then i see what looks very different to how the labs should look in the solutions. And i keep getting cannot connect messages. 

If someone out there could please give me some guidance on here, to see what I am doing wrong?

from the lab description:

"Once you are connected in VPN to the lab environment, all the web applications will be available at the following URL: http://info.xss.site/."

Bazlar

Hi all,

from the lab description:

"Once you are connected in VPN to the lab environment, all the web applications will be available at the following URL: http://info.xss.site/."

but then when i try to connect to the lab i still cannot

Bazlar

Hi guys, sorry for the late response.

I am using Kali linux on VMware, its less buggy than working with Kali on virtual box.

So firstly go to the lab, then click start lab, and download the lab file and save to your downloads folder.

Next go to your /etc/resolv.conf file. 

you can use the command $ sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

(editing in nano is easier than vim in my opinion)

then edit the file by adding "nameserver 10.100.13.37". make sure you make this addition to the top of the file. (no need to add the "" in either) 

then write the file and save and then exit. and then click on the lab URL and you should be all good to go :)

Hope this helps

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.