Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Morality of Hackers

Noel

Just the other day I was asked to create a malware to test a network. It was agreed upon on the scope of engagement but I'm a little bit rustic when it comes to payload construction. My dilemma now is do I really have to do this? Because I can't guarantee the safety of the network if I go ahead with this attack scenario. Although, I have a waiver that it says that I'm not responsible with any repercussions if I unleash a malware to prove the network is vulnerable.

This is actually a hard task ahead so pointers on how to construct a network malware is welcomed. Thanks guys!

Patrick

Just the other day I was asked to create a malware to test a network. It was agreed upon on the scope of engagement but I'm a little bit rustic when it comes to payload construction. My dilemma now is do I really have to do this? Because I can't guarantee the safety of the network if I go ahead with this attack scenario. Although, I have a waiver that it says that I'm not responsible with any repercussions if I unleash a malware to prove the network is vulnerable.

This is actually a hard task ahead so pointers on how to construct a network malware is welcomed. Thanks guys!

Hi,

This is OR a programmers thingie or you should make it a pentest thingie.

I would setup a machine on which you have shell access, log on to it during or after business hours and do your thing, NMAP it, find services/OS's/SQL-servers....metasploit it...SQLMAP it.... just do all you have learned.

This way A) you know what you are doing since you do not have to rely on strange code and B) you gain the experience..