dgeist731

Help with Backtrack

dgeist731

Hi guys,

I am attempting to view the courses while in the Backtrack 5 r3. I installed backtrack on a second drive in my laptop it's been working good with 1 exception. I am trying to view the course materials while in backtrack and it tells me I need the adobe plugin. I've downloaded adobe and installed it in firefox and it lets me watch youtube videos but not view the course material. I have also attempted to install firefox into wine, which works fine, but when I attempt to load the .exe for adobe to install into firefox everything crashes. Looking for some help as I would like to just do the courses in backtrack and run the windows only programs emulated under wine. If there is something I am missing or any information would be greatly appreciated I am currently enjoying the courses would just like to do them from within backtrack. Thanks in advanced guys!

onzverge

I had same issue with Nessus web UI on BT5R3- it needs adobe flash plugin. Fast work around was to use Chromium as a browser. It has all goodies. Not sure how it contaminates your BT installation :-)