imran.alihasani

Vmware workstaion and Networking

imran.alihasani

Hello All,

I have come accross the problem in vmware workstation and guest OS when configuring NETWORK as NAT, BRIDGE and host-only.

NAT AND HOST-ONLY is fine but when we try to connect to Bridge NETWORK then the problem arises.

The problem normally comes in LINUX type OS not in windows os.

Is someone here to help with this thing.

I found when try to connect to bridge with my guest machine. my firewall doesnt allow the trafic to send out to internet. I mean i can successfully ping the website but cannot open any website. When i turned firewall off mode then i can browse.

I even add the whole ip pool to my AVG firewall white list but nothing happen.

is there any way to use browsing from guest os while firewall in turn mode?

imran

ryan

Hello All,

I have come accross the problem in vmware workstation and guest OS when configuring NETWORK as NAT, BRIDGE and host-only.

NAT AND HOST-ONLY is fine but when we try to connect to Bridge NETWORK then the problem arises.

The problem normally comes in LINUX type OS not in windows os.

Is someone here to help with this thing.

I found when try to connect to bridge with my guest machine. my firewall doesnt allow the trafic to send out to internet. I mean i can successfully ping the website but cannot open any website. When i turned firewall off mode then i can browse.

I even add the whole ip pool to my AVG firewall white list but nothing happen.

is there any way to use browsing from guest os while firewall in turn mode?

imran

I am assuming this is a windows host with mixed virtuals. Make sure that you are using a dedicated nic for virtuals if you are running in bridged mode. Many AV vendors will install modules to the nics to inspect network traffic. On the dedicated nic you could try disabling this module by going to the nics properties and unselecting the item in the list. I had a similar issue a while back and this solved it for me.

schuydorsey

^ What Ryan said. I think you can disable that specific driver/module that is added to the NIC as well.

Symantec Endpoint Protection is by far the worst at this from my experience. If you leave it turned on and your vm requests a DHCP address, SEP flags it as a port scan. Lol.