Sign in to follow this  
vincenzomx

Elearnsecurity training path

vincenzomx

Hi 

I bought all the courses of "Network Pentester" path. 

I earned 2 certification and I'm studying to do the last certification to complete the path and get life updates on that path. 

After this changes in the elearnsecurity company, path will be still valid? 

nd4
7 hours ago, vincenzomx said:

Hi 

I bought all the courses of "Network Pentester" path. 

I earned 2 certification and I'm studying to do the last certification to complete the path and get life updates on that path. 

After this changes in the elearnsecurity company, path will be still valid? 

I want to know too as I bought courses to complete different paths. The training path lifetime updates when completed was what motivated me to buy several courses.

StefanWAustin

The path is still valid, but eLS does not exist anymore as course provider. -> INE is updating the material on their platform but most likely not here.

nd4

So what happens to the updates to the courses in a training path? Do we get free updates when a path is completed as stated by eLearnSecurity at the date we bought the courses?

StefanWAustin

I do not know, but I know INE is collecting all questions and will give an answer to it. We have to wait.

vincenzomx
12 hours ago, nd4 said:

I want to know too as I bought courses to complete different paths. The training path lifetime updates when completed was what motivated me to buy several courses.

Exactly, this motivated me too

tn01

Same here.

Purchased several elite version courses under both red/blue streams (my crafted "school curriculum") for the training path benefits of lifetime free course updates to the materials once the path is completed.

Hope eLS honours their previous commitment regarding training paths for those that complete them.

StefanWAustin

We will see... we bought the courses with the old regulations and therefore it is like a contract between us and eLS. At the moment, they have other problems but I am sure they will take care of that later. The funny thing was, Don was not aware of this option, therefore I saved the picture :D.

image.png.204b1db834b87b85ab6bf288e6eb23b3.png

cbates8
On 11/3/2020 at 7:47 AM, StefanWAustin said:

We will see... we bought the courses with the old regulations and therefore it is like a contract between us and eLS. At the moment, they have other problems but I am sure they will take care of that later. The funny thing was, Don was not aware of this option, therefore I saved the picture :D.

Are you in the "Training Paths" to see this?  I was going to get a screenshot as well, but mine looks different.  I wonder if they changed it up for this reason right here.   It just shows "Certified" and "Not Certified".  I enrolled in WAPTX roughly 2 months ago.  

What actually makes this worse for me, was I purchased PTS earlier this year and completed it just so I could finish the entire path to get the lifetime access to WAPT and WAPTX.

image.png.03a072c1aeac26e10156023ab8b71f80.png

StefanWAustin

INE changed the webpage, they do not want to offer this anymore. It does not matter to old users, because we signed a different contract or we saw different things. The new picture is for new students the old picture is not relevant for them, but for us.

I do not know what will happen to us but Don is aware of it:

image.png.cc2f3c30d5185f00b34431309dccc96a.png

According to this post all of us are fine is we bought a path. I only have the PTS barebone, therefore I do not know if this counts as bought or not. This topic is not priority number one, we have to wait, but I am sure they will find an acceptable way.

• Like 1