Sign in to follow this  
robertray

PHP site with some interesting HEAD

robertray

Hi,

Curiosity is what killed a cat, apparently.

Curiosity is what landed Kevin Mitnik in jail.

Curiosity is what brought me here, right up to everything I have done to date.

Anyway, now and again a I like to have a peek at the client side code of a web page, just out of Curiosity.

<!-- script to limit characters in form fields -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="/sitebuilder/includes/scripts/fn-form-field-limit-characters.js"></script>

<!-- form field validation script -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="/sitebuilder/includes/scripts/validation.js"></script>

I wont say which page this is from, but it looks to me like some client side validation is probably in use. The comments are very useful, thanks web designer!

This is actually in use on a company who does web site building for a number of SME contacts that I have been talking with recently. Makes me think!

Armando

Of course presence of client side validation does not directly imply vulnerability...:huh:

robertray

True, but I think that its always worth a look and see at what kind of style the developers adopt in terms of their practice. These scripts for instance are old scripts (2007) found elsewhere on the web.

Obviously much more research and testing would need to be done, but I like to poke around a bit and get a feel for these things is all I am saying.